Thursday, March 17, 2011

Senior shaves head for St. Baldrick's

She isn’t doing it for the attention. She’s doing it for a cause: the St. Baldrick’s foundation to raise money for childhood cancer.  “If I can help get closer to a cure for cancer, even a little bit, I’ll be satisfied,” said senior Tamara Abernethy, who will shave her head for St. Baldrick's event on Saturday, March 19th.
So far, she has raised $40 in cash and $300 has been donated to the website. Her mom and grandma have been raising money at their jobs, and her Dad’s friends are donating too. She is collecting donations until the event, but you can continue to donate to the foundation even after the event. “Anyone can give me money anytime they see me. I’ll write their name down and add it to the donor list. You can give me cash, checks, or go online and donate,” she said.
The website for her St. Baldrick’s profile is www.stbaldricks.org/participants/tamaraabernethy. You can see her before and after pictures, donate money, and see how close she has gotten toward her goal for the cause.
DONATE NOW!

By Elizabeth Clay and Yudarys Suriel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe she cut her hair but she looks the same

Anonymous said...

I think what Tamara did for this cause is amazing. i never would have had the guts. i am so proud of her..
Yudarys